The WMA follows carefully the activities of the World Health Organization, including its governing meetings which take place in January and May each year. Having an official observer status with the WHO, the WMA can submit policy statements to its Executive Board and World Health Assembly.
Statements submitted to the WHO Executive Board, 148th session (January 2021)
- Antimicrobial resistance (item 9)
- COVID-19 response (item 14.1 )
- Strengthening WHO’s global emergency preparedness and response (item 14.2)
- The public health implications of the implementation of the Nagoya protocol (item 14.4 )
- Social Determinants of health (item 16)