The WMA follows carefully the activities of the World Health Organization, including its governing meetings which take place in January and May each year. Having an official observer status with the WHO, the WMA can submit policy statements to its Executive Board and World Health Assembly.
Statements submitted to the 74th World Health Assembly (May 2021):
- Health workforce (WHPA joint statement)
- Global action on patient safety (joint statement)
- Public health, innovation and intellectual property (joint statement)
- Public health emergencies (constituency statement)
- The public health implications of implementation of the Nagoya Protocol