Adopted by the 53rd WMA General Assembly, Washington, DC, USA, October 2002
and reaffirmed by the 191st WMA Council Session, Prague, Czech Republic, April 2012
- Whereas there is grave concern that in certain countries female foeticide is commonly practised.
- The WMA denounces female foeticide as a totally unacceptable example of gender discrimination.
- The World Medical Association calls on National Medical Associations:
- To denounce the practice of female foeticide and the use of selective sex determination for that purpose and;
- To advise their governments accordingly.