Diary Date : WMA Annual General Assembly New Delhi, India, 3-7 October 2001
The World Medical Association is holding its 53rd General Assembly in New Delhi, India from Wednesday 3 October to Sunday 7 October 2001 and you are invited to attend.
The conference will be held at the Taj Palace Hotel.
The preliminary four-day schedule will be as follows:
- The three Standing Committees (Medical Ethics, Socio Medical and Finance and Planning) will meet on Wednesday 3 October and the Scientific Sessions will take place on Thursday 4 October and on the morning of Friday 5 October.
- The main meeting of the Council Session will take place on Saturday 6 October.
- The Assembly Ceremonial Session will take place after the Council Session on Saturday 6 October.
- The Assembly Plenary Session will be held on the afternoon of Saturday 6 October, and will be continued on Sunday 7 October.
- The Scientific Session entitled "Striving for Excellence in Health Care and Human Rights in Developing Countries" will debate torture and human rights, communicable diseases and patient safety.
Other issues due to be debated during the week are:
- central health databases
- female foeticide
- Declaration of Helsinki
The meeting is open to the media. Further details will be sent to you nearer the time.Tweet