Public Livestreamed Conference to launch of "Ethical Principles of HCiD", 30 June 2015
On June 30th, the Humanitarium (Geneva) hosted a public livestreamed conference (18:00 - 19:30 GMT+2) to mark the launch of a first-of-its-kind code of ethics, the "Ethical Principles of Health Care in Times of Armed Conflict and Other Emergencies." (in other language versions: Español / Français / Arabic)
The panel discussion brought together the authors and signatories of this common core document on ethics.
- Mr. Peter Maurer, President of the ICRC
- Ms. Pascale Meige, Deputy Director of Operations, ICRC
- Dr. Otmar Kloiber, Secretary General, World Medical Association (WMA)
- Dr. David Benton, Chief Executive Officer, International Council of Nurses (ICN)
- Major General (ret.) Roger Van Hoof, Secretary-General, International Committee of Military Medicine (ICMM)
- Mr. Luc Besançon, General Secretary & Chief Executive Officer, International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)
As a part of the Health Care in Danger (HCiD) project, the World Medical Association (WMA), the International Committee of Military Medicine (ICMM), the International Council of Nurses (ICN) and the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) were consulted by the ICRC with the aim of these organizations agreeing on a common denominator of ethical principles of health-care applicable in times of armed conflict and other emergencies.
The "Ethical Principles of Health Care in Times of Armed Conflict and Other Emergencies" is a first-of-its-kind code of ethics that provides a common core for these major international health-care organizations, which represent more than 30 million people from both the military and civilian realms.
The event took place under the umbrella of the HCiD project and the Research and debate cycle on principles guiding humanitarian action. See more details at https://www.icrc.org/en/event/ethical-principles-health-care-times-armed-conflict-and-other-emergencies
Visit Health Care in Danger Network at: http://healthcareindanger.ning.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network