Ethics and Medical Professionalism
Medical professionalism is attracting a great deal of attention nowadays, both from doctors and their medical associations and from the media and general public. There is clearly much overlap between ethics and professionalism, and anyone interested in medical ethics needs to be aware of developments in medical professionalism. This section of the WMA web site is intended to facilitate the interaction of ethics and medical professionalism at both theoretical/academic and organizational levels. To begin, we offer a list of resources for medical professionalism. Watch the What's New page for announcements of additional materials.
- Blackmer J: "Professionalism and the Medical Association," World Medical Journal 2007; 53: 58-73
- American College of Physicians, Center for Ethics and Professionalism
- Royal College of Physicians (U.K.), Doctors in Society: Medical Professionalism in a Changing World
- Medical Professionalism in the New Millennium: A Physician Charter
- Canadian Medical Association, Professionalism in Medicine
- American Medical Association: Strategies for Teaching and Evaluating Professionalism
- Singapore Medical Association Centre for Medical Ethics and Professionalism
- American Medical Student Association, "Revitalizing Professionalism"
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine